- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Group psychotherapy is often the best way to work on problems, especially when the problems stem from or impact your relationships with other people. A group gives you contact with a few of your peers, along with a therapist or therapists, who are not part of your everyday life. Group can allow you a place to give and receive support, ask for honest feedback, and try out new behaviors. It is designed to be a safe environment where you can test out different ways of acting with others.
Read more about our current groups below.
How to Bounce Back Workshop
How to Bounce Back is a 4-week psychoeducational and skills-based workshop designed to help participants improve their resilience. The series will repeat itself throughout the semester. Participants can start with any workshop and will get the most benefit if they attend all four workshops in the series. Participants will be exposed to mindfulness-based techniques, cognitive-behavioral strategies, and experiential processing that will give them opportunities to improve their skills at managing stress and anxiety. The workshop is designed to help you learn more about yourself, identify the stresses and challenges in your life, explore how you have dealt with adversity in the past, develop resiliency skills and a resiliency mindset, and find better ways to use these skills to deal effectively with whatever you encounter in life. It is ideal for anyone who is hoping to find ways to better manage stress, decrease anxiety, improve their mood, or sleep better.
There are two workshops each week. Choose the time and location that best fits your schedule!
Mondays, 12:00pm-12:45pm, Hotchkiss 101 Facilitator: Dr. Jennifer Fast
Wednesdays, 4:00pm - 5:00pm, Health and Wellness Center Facilitator: Dr. Jennifer Fast
To sign up for this workshop series or to learn more, please call the Health and Wellness Center at 847-735-5240, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the Health and Wellness Center in Buchanan Hall.
Understanding Self and Others Group
Do you want to improve your relationships or feel better about yourself? Are you interested in connecting in a deep and meaningful way with others? Are you noticing a pattern in your experiences that you’d like to change or understand better? Would you like honest feedback about how you relate to others? These interpersonal process groups will provide a supportive space to explore your feelings, connect with others, and practice new behaviors that can ultimately lead to more fulfilling relationships and increased confidence/comfort with yourself. The times and days of the week for the Spring 2018 Semester are listed below. Groups are expected to start by the end of February.
Monday Women’s Group, 4:05pm - 5:35pm Appropriate for female-identified students. Facilitators: Shannon Iverson, M.A. & Dr. Jennifer Fast
Tuesday All-Gender Group, 4:05pm - 5:35pm Appropriate for students of all genders Facilitators: Lauren Sbarbaro, M.A. & Dr. Kasey Schultz-Saindon
If you would like to learn more or are interested in joining one of these groups, please call the Health and Wellness Center at 847-735-5240, email email@example.com, or schedule a counseling intake appointment through the Health and Wellness Center’s patient portal.