- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/152/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30151_education.rev.1452788464.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/152/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30150_english-_literature.rev.1452788457.png)"/>
Library and Information Technology
How do I print?
When at one of the computers in the 24 Hour Lab, Reference Area, Rooms 203, 208, or 237…
- Select print from the program’s menus.
- After the job looks like it has printed, open a web browser,
go to http://gutenberg:9191/user and login.
- Click Jobs Pending Release to see your print job along with the number of pages and the cost of the job. If the job is not there right away, wait a few seconds and click refresh.
- When your print job(s) appear, click “print” for the jobs you would like to print.
Can I print from my laptop?
- Lake Forest students, faculty, and staff may print to a 24 Hour Lab printers from laptops or other devices.
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, .txt, PDF, and most image files that are saved to your laptop can be printed via Webprint.
Google Docs or other web files must first be saved or exported to your laptop as a file that you can upload.
Ask at the Reference Desk, Help Desk, or TRC for help with this.
- A maximum of 10 copies can be Webprinted at a time.
- It is not possible to print in color from your laptop.
To print from your laptop via Webprint:
- Go to http://gutenberg:9191/user and log in with your College network username and password.
- Click Web Print.
- Click Submit a Job.
- Click one of the buttons for single- or double-sided printing.
- Click the button labeled “2. Print Options and Account Selection.”
- If you want to print more than one copy, change the number in the box, then click the button labeled “3. Upload Document.”
- Browse to the document, then click the button labeled “Upload & Complete.” Repeat these steps for any other documents you wish to print.
- On the left, click Jobs Pending Release.
- On the next page, click “print” for the jobs you would like to print.
- Your printout will be in the 24 Hour Lab.
Do I have to pay to print? What about color printing?
- You only have to pay if you go over your allotted number of pages.
- You start each fall semester with $15.
Another $15 is added at the start of the spring semester, for a total of $30 for the academic year.
Printing accounts balances are reset to zero at the end of spring semester.
- Summer students have $7.50 for the first term.
Another $7.50 is added for the second term.
Printing accounts balances are reset to zero at the end of summer.
- You start each fall semester with $15.
- For basic, black-ink printing, $0.05 is charged to your account for each page.
Double-sided printing (which is the default) costs $0.025 per side, or $0.05 for 2 sides.
- To print single-sided, change the selected printer to LibLab1Single, LibLab2Single, LibRef1Single, or LibRef2Single.
- To print in color, change the selected printer to LabColor or RefColor.
The cost is $0.50 per side for color printing, or $1.00 for 2 sides.
- The Technology Resource Center (TRC) on the second floor also has color printing, as well as poster printers.
The cost is $0.50 per side for color printing, or $1.00 for 2 sides, and $4.00 per foot of longest dimension for poster printing (maximum 42”x100’).
- Visual Communications (next to Young Hall) also has color printers and printing in color costs $0.50 per side.
How do I check my printing account balance?
Open a web browser and go to http://gutenberg:9191/user and login.
I have printed my allotted number of pages. What now?
- Students can add money to their printing accounts in any amount at the Reference Desk, using cash or check.
Money can also be added at the Business Office ($5.00 minimum).
Money can also be added online by credit/debit card by using the College’s e-commerce site.
- After money has been deposited, an LIT staff member will manually transfer that money to your printing account.
If you need these funds made available to print right away, go to the Reference Desk or the Help Desk to share your e-commerce receipt.
Can I print on both sides of the sheet? How do I print single-sided?
- The printers in the library print on both sides of the sheet by default. This will cost $0.025 per side, which is $0.05 per 2-sided page.
- An instructor may require assignments printed one-sided; be sure to ask before printing assignments two-sided.
- To print single-sided, change the selected printer to LibLab1Single, LibLab2Single, LibRef1Single, or LibRef2Single. This will cost $0.05 per page.
I have a problem. Whom do I call?
You can ask for help at the Reference Desk in the library or in the Technology Resource Center. If no one is available, please come to or call the Help Desk at x5544 from a campus phone or 847-735-5544 from off campus or from a cell phone. You can also email the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.