- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
News and Events
Lake Forest College In the News
- April 4 Matthew Roszak ’95 participated in the first initial coin offerings beginning in 2013, before the term even existed. The crypto entrepreneur gave Richard Branson and Bill Clinton their first Bitcoins.
- March 28
The Lake Forest College Theater Department’s resident costume designer, Nathan Rohrer, was recently mentioned for his work with Giordano Dance Chicago in the Chicago Tribune’s rave review of the dance company.
- March 26 Assistant Professor of Anthropology Rebecca Graff was recently quoted in a Chicago Tribune article about the placement of the Obama Presidential Center in Chicago’s Jackson Park—the same site where the World’s Columbian Exposition of 1893 was held.
- March 19 Assistant Professor of Economics and Business Kent Grote was tapped as an expert in a recent article on New Mexico’s broken lottery system in The New Mexican.
- February 23 While the U.S. Olympic team left PyeongChang with 23 new medals, Ernest A. Johnston Professor of Economics Robert Baade added several new media mentions to a growing list of news stories in which he is quoted on the economic impact of hosting the Olympics.
- February 20 Professor of Sociology and Islamic World Studies Ahmad Sadri was recently interviewed on WBEZ’s Worldview about The Secret Fatwa, a new film about the Iranian prison where Sadri was held for two months.
- February 15 Professor of English Davis Schneiderman was invited to write an essay for a memorial to the recently deceased writer Ursula K. Leguin at Another Chicago Magazine.
- February 13 Professor of Sociology and Islamic World Studies Ahmad Sadri was interviewed by CBC and BBC News about prominent Iranian environmentalist Kavous Seyed-Emami, who recently died in prison after being arrested on spying charges.
- February 7 Ernest A. Johnston Professor of Economics Robert A. Baade lent his expertise to a recent Morningstar story on the economic effects of the upcoming 2018 Winter Olympics on its host city, Pyeongchang, South Korea.
- January 29 Lake Forest College alumnus Richard Armstrong ’71 was recently mentioned in a New York Times piece concerning the White House, a gold toilet, and the Guggenheim Museum, of which he is director.
- January 23 The Chicago Tribune recently covered an art installation by Madeeha Lamoreaux ’13, a Lake Forest College alumna and the newest addition to the art department faculty, that involves batteries and blood sacrifice.
- January 15 Associate Professor of Religion Ben Zeller and his work on the Heaven’s Gate cult and a popular podcast was featured in a news story in the Sunday Chicago Tribune on January 14 and will be featured on WGN-TV Thursday.
- January 12 The College’s Home for Dinner program was a featured story in the January issue of Forest & Bluff magazine. Click here to read the full story.
- November 14 Ernest A. Johnston Professor of Economics Robert Baade’s take on a proposed stadium in Nashville was covered by the USA Today Network, the Houston Chronicle, and WRCB Chattanooga.
- October 20 Professor of Economics and Business Robert Baade weighs in on the economic impact of hosting the World Series in a recent Fox Business story.