- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Holly Van Horn
Where all have you lived? Where do you live now?
East Lansing, Raleigh, Carol Stream Carol Stream, IL
About your family:
What kind of work did/do you do?
How do you spend your leisure time?
Community theater, traveling, movies.
What are your community involvements?
Volunteering at a food pantry and a native plant prairie. Member of the Morton Arboretum, Theosophical Society, Village Theatre Guild
Things you've learned to be true in the last 50 years...
Diversity makes us stronger. At our core we are all one. Worrying is a waste of the present moment. Gratitude and a sense of humor are the best anti-aging techniques.
Things you've seen in the last 50 years that were spectacular...
A full moon and a setting sun on opposite horizons over the Sahara Desert. The midnight sun. The birth of a baby.
Things that have surprised you in the last 50 years....
It’s never too late to have a happy childhood.
Things that have disappointed you in the last 50 years...
I often think the world is getting to be a better place and then suddenly we seem to go back several steps. I wonder if we humans will ever get it right. The fact that there are people who don’t believe in climate change is a major disappointment.
Have you had a life changing event?
Falling in love.
What are you most proud of?
Never having been in jail.
Other thoughts you'd like to share:
How did it all go so fast? Wasn’t it yesterday?
Who you're most looking forward to seeing at the reunion:
Charlie, Sallie, Kemp, Helene, Jim. Would love to see my freshman roommate Mary Patrick but we lost touch years ago and she is not in the alumni directory.