- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/8/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29975_header-aerialjpg.rev.1450460033.jpg)"/>
Career Pathway Leader/Internship Specialist – Law and Public Service
Lake Forest College has embraced career preparation as a key institutional goal for its undergraduate students more clearly and conscientiously than most other colleges in the liberal arts tradition. Lake Forest’s career center is one of the largest in the country for a college our size, which enables us to execute innovative and effective career programs that lead to great outcomes for graduates. With its location in the Chicago metropolitan area, Lake Forest College is uniquely positioned to be a leader in career preparation. The Career Pathway Leader for the Law and Public Service Pathway is a full-time position, which reports to the Associate Vice President for Career & Professional Development. The successful candidate will be an innovative, talented collaborator, who is able to balance leading initiatives, working effectively in teams, and completing work independently.
- Serve as the Career Pathway Leader for the Law and Public Service Pathway; inform and mobilize students, alumni, faculty/staff, employers, and other key stakeholders to ensure students are well-prepared for careers in their fields of interest.
- Organize and attend formal and informal activities/events to help students explore and prepare for careers starting in their first year on campus. Identify and promote relevant off-campus and online opportunities for students to build skills and professional connections.
- Cultivate new prospects and maintain existing relationships with alumni, employers and graduate schools to expand internship, employment, and graduate school prospects for students.
- Advise students/alumni individually and in group settings on topics such as: exploring majors/career interests, understanding intersection of culture and career, developing a professional presence, writing professional documents, and securing the best jobs/internships and/or admittance to graduate school.
- Serve as instructor for students completing credit-bearing internships in accordance with CAC and College guidelines; contribute to the on-going transformation of the internship program into a distinctive feature of the College’s career preparation efforts.
- Take ownership for one or more office-wide areas of responsibility. Each staff member in the CAC provides leadership on some set of office-wide initiatives. Specific responsibilities are determined based upon interest and capability. Examples include: communication/marketing, employer relations metrics, and program assessment.
- Participate in on-going professional development activities.
- Complete other duties as assigned or as opportunities emerge.
- Graduate/professional degree strongly preferred
- Experience teaching and helping students translate work and educational experiences to the world of work
- Must be team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills and ability to think creatively; entrepreneurial spirit and fast-learner
- Attentive to detail; must possess strong writing and editing capability
- An interest in working with students, employers, and faculty in a variety of industries with emphasis in fields related to law and public service
- Must possess intercultural competence and an ability to work respectfully with stakeholders from diverse populations, including varied cultural, religious, and political backgrounds
- Ability to use technology required for the role, such as social media, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and databases; experience with a customer relationship management system, career center management system (such as CSO), or related data-management system is desirable
- Available to work some evenings and weekends; valid driver’s license and willingness to travel (primarily in Chicagoland area)
Please submit cover letter and resume/CV online at: http://bit.ly/2jVlrT5. Materials can be addressed to:
Associate Vice President for Career & Professional Development
Lake Forest College
555 North Sheridan Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045-2399
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a successful candidate is found. Any correspondence related to this search should be sent to Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,600 students from over 40 states and 70 countries. The College’s student body is culturally diverse, with approximately 40% of our students identifying as domestic students of color or international students. We also have a visible, active, and vibrant LGBT student population. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. For more information about Lake Forest College, visit www.lakeforest.edu.