- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/95/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/42360_HOMECOMING_darker.rev.1523377981.jpg)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Top elevator pitchers headed to national conference
Seven students were declared top winners in the all-campus elevator pitch competition on September 21. The top four attended the Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization (CEO) National Convention in October.
Here are the seven winners and the businesses they pitched:
- 1st: Sydney Gardner ’18, Breath of Life, wearable compact inhaler for athletes
- 2nd: Elisheva Wosk ’17, Wosk Wellness Center, not-for-credit classes with meditation
- 3rd: Tyler Armentrout ’18, Pass Pal, mobile app providing real-time event analytics
- 4th: Lucia Stumbras ’19, Book It and Cook It, fully supplied kitchen studios where clients can do their own cooking
- 5th: Anthony Conn ’17, Image One Facility Solutions, commercial cleaning franchises
- 6th: Rocco DiMatteo ’17, IC Sleeves, icing and compression mobile product
- 7th: Sakhile Nkambule ’17, Swazi Jive Entertainment, musical equipment rental and expertise
The top four winners attended the CEO conference in Tampa to network with nearly 900 like-minded entrepreneurial college students from across the country and participate in professional development seminars, get more insight into entrepreneurism, and hear from well-known speakers. The convention was October 27–29.
In all, 38 students pitched their business ideas in the first round of competition on September 20. Eighteen students qualified for the final round, held the following day.