- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
The purpose of the Lake Forest College Archives and Special Collections is threefold: to support and strengthen the pursuit of academic excellence by the students at the College, to collect, preserve, and provide access to College permanent records for use in College business and by researchers, and to promote a sense of community.
Access to the Archives and Special Collections
The Lake Forest College Archives and Special Collections makes its collections available to Lake Forest College students, faculty and staff and to the general public. No letter of introduction or application is required.
To use materials in the archives, a research registration form must be completed annually and a driver’s license or Lake Forest College ID shown.
Archives and Special Collections materials are accessible by appointment only with the Archivist or when the Reading Room is open. Staff or students will not pull items after hours or if no appointment has been made. Most items in the Archives and Special Collections are rare and irreplaceable and we must strive to provide access while also protecting these valuable items.
Archives and Special Collections materials do not circulate and are not available via interlibrary loan.
Most collections are open to the public for research with no restrictions.
Read the full access policy here.