- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40469_Speednetworking3_edited.rev.1510946462.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40467_Speednetworking2_edited.rev.1510942416.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29606_internships_and_experience_1.rev.1448900255.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40780_31484_finance_1.rev.1513697699.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40782_science.rev.1513697713.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40783_law.rev.1513697721.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40779_31485_business.rev.1513697684.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40781_art.rev.1513697706.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29609_advisor.rev.1448902476.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/35592_shot02-041_v2.rev.1487090405.jpg)"/>
We Open Doors
Lake Forest College utilizes connections with top employers to help students get great jobs, internships, research experiences, and admittance to top graduate programs.
Lake Forest College has more clearly and conscientiously embraced career preparation as a key institutional goal for its undergraduate students than most other liberal arts colleges and even takes ownership for this commitment in our mission statement.
Lake Forest’s career center is one of the largest in the country for a college our size, and our career center works collaboratively with employers, alumni, faculty, staff, and other community members to execute innovative and effective career programs that lead to great outcomes for graduates.
Small, but mighty
With just under 1600 students, we often have more employers seeking Lake Forest College students than we have students available for positions.
In addition, Lake Forest partners with QuadJobs to provide part-time job opportunities for students. QuadJobs is a national marketplace of part-time jobs for college students - with everything from one time babysitting gigs to longer term retail positions and a variety of other opportunities.
Recruiting looks different at Lake Forest College
Forget about impersonal, unorganized career fairs.
Employers and students most often meet through events designed to help them get to know each other through personal conversations - whether casual Lunch and Learn events or our signature Speed Networking event.
Ever heard that 80% of jobs aren’t posted?
Unlike many Speed Networking events you might have heard about, Lake Forest College develops customized schedules for each student and employer participant based upon our computerized matching system. We facilitate over 2000 meetings between students and professionals in just 2 hours each fall. Students are prepped in advance of the event to understand both how to present themselves well for immediate recruiting opportunities, as well as to position themselves for referrals beyond the event. We open doors and help students to understand how to take advantage of the many options available to them.
What about graduate school?
Faculty and the Career Advancement Center work together closely to help students select and prepare for admission to top graduate programs in their areas of study. You can see more about how we prepare students for graduate school by reviewing information on pages related to your preferred areas of study.
In addition to our ability to help students gain access to internships, research experiences, and jobs, we also have special educational relationships that allow students to complete their degree in less time or with special admission options. Learn more about our affiliation agreements and other special educational partnerships. You can find additional information about on- and off-campus research opportunities, which are an important element of most students’ preparation for graduate study, as part of the Off-Campus Study Program, Student Honors and Research, and Summer Research sites.
What it looks like to get connected:
Students met environmental industry professionals in a small-group networking event to learn about the variety of careers that will allow them to have an impact on the environment and apply their investigative skills to advance environmental science and related initiatives.
Students interested in working in health care or medicine met with industry professionals at an on-campus Careers in Health Care and Medical Science networking event.
During a recent visit to the Evanston Arts Center, a group of students had the chance to learn more about the wide variety of career opportunities in the arts.