• <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29737___img_2920.rev.1453218166.jpg)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29736_apply-_needs_to_be_cropped.rev.1451944927.jpg)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29649_visit_campus-cropped.rev.1450717447.jpg)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29874_header-aerial.rev.1450207337.jpg)"/>


Financial Aid for Undocumented Students

Funding from the College is available to students who are neither U.S. citizens nor permanent residents. Funding from private sources is also available. This page will provide links to and details about securing such funding.

Lake Forest Scholarships

Unless noted otherwise, undocumented students are eligible for the scholarships found on our Scholarships Page

Lake Forest Grant

Grants are similar to scholarships - you do not repay them. A grant is “need-based” so it considers your family income and other resources. To apply, complete our Undocumented Student Financial Aid Application for the correct academic year: 2017-2018  or  2018-2019.

Total Lake Forest Funding

For the 2017-2018 academic year, the value of combined grant and scholarship funds is up to $33,000.

You can expect to receive similar aid each year if your academic performance is consistent with the standards of the College. An annual application is not required.

Federal and State Grants and Loans

To receive funds from the federal government and/or State of Illinois, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.

Private Scholarships and Grants


DDLR Scholarship 

DREAMers Roadmap

Golden Door Scholars

Guide to Scholarships and Resources

Mexican American Legal Defense & Education Fund (’18-’19 version)

My (Un)Documented Life 

Private Scholarship Guide for Undocumented Students   



Work-Study is an opportunity to have a part-time job on campus, with funding provided by the College. In most cases the amount offered is up to $2,500 per year, though this is not guaranteed.To qualify, you must: (1) show financial need (Undocumented Student Financial Aid Application), (2) have DACA status, and (3) have an employment authorization document. 

Private Student Loans

Loans may be available if you have a credit-worthy co-signor who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. The College is not a lender.  View some of the loan options.  

Other Resources

The Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights

Educators for Fair Consideration (E4FC)

My (Un)Documented Life