• <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>


Financial Aid “Special Circumstance” Forms

If you feel the FAFSA (federal application) does not provide an accurate or complete picture of your family’s financial situation, the forms on this page may help to explain and document your personal, special circumstance(s).

Forms for the 2018-19 Academic Year
  • Please complete any applicable form(s) only if your cost exceeds the minimum amount shown. Return them to the Office of Financial Aid. If possible, save as a .pdf and send by email . You may also fax or send by mail to the number/address at the bottom of the form.

    • Educational Expenses - parent paying $2000+ for him/herself or your sibling (grades K-12 only) during 2018-2019 academic year
    • Educational Loans - parent paying $2000+ toward loans in 2018 for which they are the borrower
    • Healthcare Expenses - parent paying $3000+ in 2016, 2017, or 2018, which are not paid with “pre-tax” dollars
    • Unusual Expenses - parent paying $2000+ for childcare, funeral, legal, etc. in 2017 or 2018
Forms for the 2017-2018 Academic Year

Complete applicable”special circumstance forms” only if your cost exceeds the minimum amount shown. Return them to the Office of Financial Aid, preferably as a .pdf and send by email. Other delivery options are found on the form.

  • Educational Expenses - parent paying $2000+ for him/herself or your sibling (grades K-12 only) during 2017-2018 academic year
  • Educational Loans - parent paying $2000+ toward loans in 2017 for which they are the borrower
  • Healthcare Expenses - parent paying $3000+ in 2015, 2016, or 2017, which are not paid with “pre-tax” dollars
  • Unusual Expenses - parent paying $2000+ for childcare, funeral, legal, etc. in 2016 or 2017

Tax Documents.  New Requirements …
If we need documentation of your income, we are not able to accept a copy of your tax return.

Instead, families are encouraged to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) as part of the FAFSA.  Watch the video* or print this .pdf to see how it works.

If you decide not to, or are unable to use the IRS DRT, you must provide an official IRS Tax Return Transcript.  This document comes directly from the IRS, and is sent to you or to us (the Office of Financial Aid). You may use the above link or call 800-908-9946.

* While the video is specific to the 2016-2017 FAFSA, content will still be helpful in using the DRT for 2017-18.