- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
We offer three summer sessions in May, June, and July. Classes meet four days per week over four weeks—it’s face-to-face instruction that lets you still enjoy the sun, and the beach!
High Touch, High Impact
Lake Forest College’s Summer Session 2018 offers our top faculty instructors in face-to-face courses that will excite and challenge you. At Lake Forest College, you can use the most current digital technologies in small-group discussion, demonstrations, debates, field trips, and conversations that will prepare you for your career, your academic studies, and the life you most want to lead.
What You Want, When You Want It
Lake Forest College’s small class size means you are never a number, a cell in a spreadsheet, or lost in the back of a cavernous lecture hall. Most classes meet three hours a day, four days a week, either in the mornings or in the afternoons, leaving time to read and study, complete homework, and make the most of your summer.
Prerequisites? Don’t worry. Most of our Summer Session classes do not have pre-requisites. All courses are open to both Lake Forest College students and other visitors. Check out the 2018 calendar.
- May Term: May 15–June 8, 2018
- June Term: June 11–July 6, 2018
- July Term: July 9–August 2, 2018
View the summer schedule and course descriptions.
Where You Want to Work: Internships
Summer internships can give you a jump-start on your career. Lake Forest College’s summer internship programs comes with the support of your own career success team.
The Lake Forest College ACTIVATE: Summer Internship Program provides immersive living-learning experiences in downtown Chicago complemented by special networking events and career preparation activities designed specifically for program participants.
Your Faculty Internship Supervisor will put learning front and center, with well-designed assignments that will lead you further along your path toward CEO, creative writer, or chemist.
Summer internships are only open to Lake Forest College students.
At the Right Price
Our Summer Session tuition is $3,300 per course or internship. Each Lake Forest College course is equivalent to 4.0 semester hours.
First- and second-year Lake Forest College students behind on credits are eligible to take a course at $500, less per-credit than any other summer program in the Chicago region.
Summer Session high-school student tuition is $3,300 per four-credit course. Summer Merit Scholarships are available in award amounts up to $2,300, bringing tuition for award recipients to $1,000.
Summer Session community student tuition is $2,950 per four-credit course. The auditor rate is $400.
Note: a $100 deposit is required for visiting student and high-school student course registration, with deadlines for each term (May Term deadline May 8; June Term deadline June 4; July Term deadline is July 2).
Live it Up
Lake Forest College students may live in our well-appointed residence halls for each four-week summer session. Summer housing costs for 2018 are $390 per session and will be billed to students’ College accounts.
The Office of Residence Life (email@example.com) coordinates the summer housing process. The summer 2018 housing application will be available online from Monday, March 19 until Friday, April 20 (at 11:59 am). Room assignments will be sent via email on or after Monday, April 23. A $100 prepayment for housing is required (except for Richter Scholar students) and should be paid online.
Summer housing is available for:
- Richter Scholars
- Student participating in a College-approved internship
- Students enrolled in summer courses at the College
- Students working at the College (25 hours per week)
Because of the limited availability of summer housing, we are not able to offer housing to students who are working off-campus jobs or taking classes at other institutions.
Note: July Term housing will be limited this year due and subject to available space limitations.
Our Summer Session meal plans provide all-you-care-to-eat brain food at the right price. This is the 2017 price list. Check back in early 2018 for updated information. (Order form.)
Forester 25 - $260
25 all-you-care-to-eat meals plus $55 flexible spending dollars
Forester 50 - $395
50 all-you-care-to-eat meals
Forester 50 Plus - $450
50 all-you-care-to-eat meals plus $55 flexible spending dollars