- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/84/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29612_judy_dozier_2cropped.rev.1451943820.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/84/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29613_carolyn_tuttlecropped2.rev.1451944800.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/84/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29614_ben_zeller_2.rev.1451944512.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/84/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/5986_screen_shot_2016-11-30_at_3.27.37_pm.rev.1480543045.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/84/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29616_ann_robertscropped2.rev.1451944021.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/84/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29615_rob_baadecropped3.rev.1451944211.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/84/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29610_alex_shingeltoncropped2.rev.1451943950.jpg)"/>
Requesting Accommodations: Academic Life
Overview: Requesting Accommodations
It is your responsibility, as the student, to provide documentation and to request accommodations for your disability. When making your initial request for any type of accommodation:
- Complete and submit the Verification for Need for Accessibility Services form and the Accessibility Services Request form (on my.lakeforest). Students, please be sure you provide your narrative information on the forms where indicated.
- Educational, clinical/licensed, and/or medical professionals providing documentation should complete the Evaluator portion of the Verification for Need for Accessibility Services form and/or provide documents that address the questions on the form.
Process for Requesting Accommodations: Academic Life
At the beginning of each semester:
Schedule a meeting with the Learning and Teaching Center. During the meeting, you will go over your schedule for the current semester and your anticipated accommodation needs. It is important to meet each semester because your courses, instructors, and accommodation needs may change.
You will receive copies of your accommodation letters for your faculty members. It is your responsibility to deliver them to your instructors. This should serve as your opportunity to discuss your needs with your instructor and, if necessary, to schedule a time for the two of you to meet with the Assistant Dean of Faculty for Learning Support for any clarifications.
During the semester
Changes may be made to your accommodation plan if necessary. Your discussions with your instructors about your accommodations should be ongoing, but if you need additional documentation or other support from the Learning and Teaching Center, schedule an appointment.
Note-taking needs are often accomplished by the student in need of a note-taker asking a peer in the class for copies of his or her notes. If other arrangements need to be made, you should discuss your request with your faculty member and/or the Learning and Teaching Center.
If you are approved for testing accommodations, please consult the separate Test-Proctoring Guidelines . Please be aware that it is your responsibility to initiate the request for test-proctoring 1-2 weeks before your test.
Please note that accommodations should be requested in a timely manner. All students should expect that no accommodations, particularly for proctored testing, can be honored and/or arranged without one week’s notice. Waiting until the day before an exam to set up your accommodation plan for the semester does not allow enough time for your documentation to be reviewed, for your faculty letters to be prepared, for your faculty to be notified, and for testing accommodations to be arranged.