- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/71/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29885_anthropology.rev.1450297460.png)"/>
Sociology and Anthropology
Student Learning Outcomes
The expected Student Learning Outcomes for the Sociology and Anthropology Department are:
1. The student will demonstrate familiarity with the following core ideas: sociological imagination, cultural relativism, material culture, and the social construction of human experience (e.g. race, class, and gender).
2. The student will demonstrate mastery of the shared core concepts of culture, social change, socialization, institutions, stratification, social structure, and questions of race, class and gender.
3. The student will be able to design and execute a research project on social phenomena involving human subjects, demonstrating clear understanding and application of research ethics, methodological principles, analytic techniques, and social theory.
4. The student will be able to apply sociological and anthropological insights and principles in her/his own life and in the liberal arts curriculum.