- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
What’s the most effective way to create a just and peaceful world? Students minoring in Social Justice grapple with this question daily.
Through coursework and projects in disciplines like philosophy, politics, and economics, Social Justice faculty and students discuss moral issues of seeking justice, social and political conditions, work done through free market arrangements and by governments and NGOs, and students own ideas about how and why social justice is important. Many students take their studies from the classroom to internships and social justice projects of their own.
Les R. Dlabay
Professor of Economics and Business, Chair of Area Studies, Chair of Latin American Studies
Areas of Study: mass media/marketing research, Latin American global business, Asian business culture and trade relations, financial accounting
Betty Jane Schultz Hollender Professor of Economics, Business and Finance and Director of Border Studies
Areas of Study: macroeconomic theory, money and banking, border studies, women in the work force, child labor in Latin America
Associate Professor and Chair of Politics
Areas of Study: political theory, American politics
Daw-Nay N. R. Evans Jr.
K. & H. Montgomery Assistant Professor in the Humanities, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, Chair of Social Justice Studies
Areas of Study: Africana philosophy, 19th- and 20th-Century European philosophy
Assistant Professor of Philosophy and Politics
Areas of Study: philosophy of law, political philosophy, analytic philosophy, history of philosophy