- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
The Christopher C. Mojekwu Fund for Intercultural Understanding was established in 1982 to honor a remarkable member of the Lake Forest College faculty.
Many persons have provided support for this endowed fund, whose income sponsors Lake Forest College lectures, panels, visiting fellows, cultural programs, exhibits, library purchases, scholarships, research opportunities, and other projects consistent with the Fund’s purpose. “Intercultural understanding” embraces international, interracial, and interdenominational concerns as well as more strictly intercultural ones.
Who was Christopher Mojekwu?
Christopher C. Mojekwu was born in Uli, Nigeria, on February 9, 1920. After studying at Teachers College in Akwa, he received legal training at Gray’s Inn, London, and on coming to the United States, at Northwestern University Law School. In Nigeria, Mr. Mojekwu held a number of key legal and administrative assignments. He was instrumental in establishing educational, medical, and youth hostel facilities. He was, further, an active lay-reader in the Episcopal Church and a member of Rotary International. After ten years of teaching politics at Lake Forest College, he died in an auto accident in Highwood, Illinois on February 5, 1982.