- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Our students leave the College with the critical thinking and creative problem solving skills employers crave. Today’s businesses are looking for job candidates that distinguish themselves as “one-of-a-kind,” and that’s exactly what we hope to inspire at Lake Forest College!
Art and art history majors are particularly in tune with the flow of ideas in contemporary culture. Along with critical observational skills and the ability to evaluate visual information, our grads translate these trends for others using creative materials and methods. Now more than ever, art and art history majors are poised to step into many roles in the work world.
Lake Forest College facilitates five career communities called Career Pathways to help students explore major/career options and position themselves for the internships that will help them to further prepare for productive and rewarding careers after graduation. Students from all majors can participate in the Career Pathways to shape their career goals alongside of their academic interests.
Art majors most often find a home in the Creative Arts Career Pathway, but they can also find a home in any Career Pathway.
To get an idea for which pathways students might join based upon some common artistic interests, check these out:
- Arts administrator – Creative Arts + Business and Finance
- Artist – Creative Arts
- Arts appraiser and underwriter – Business and Finance
- Art Therapist – Science and Health Care
- Merchandiser – Business and Finance
- Art historian – Creative Arts
- Teacher – Law and Public Service + Creative Arts
Explore the Career Pathways by participating in events, reading profiles of students’ and alumni experiences, and by joining a pathway (or two). Remember to look at the next steps pages to get ideas for immediate ways to prepare yourself for great internships and a productive, rewarding career after graduation.