- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
Admission and Tuition
To be admitted to the Masters in Liberal Studies program, candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Candidates should submit transcript records of all college work at the time they submit their application for admission. Our simple application form asks applicants to write a brief essay stating how the Graduate Program in Liberal Studies will serve their needs. In addition, each applicant will be interviewed by the Director, Associate Director, or another member of the MLS Committee. The Committee is responsible for admitting applicants. The decision to admit an applicant is based entirely on the Committee’s assessment of whether the applicant is likely to perform well in the program and to benefit from it.
Graduate tuition and expenses
Application Fee: $30.00
Tuition per Course for 2017-2018: $2,600 Tuition per Course for Teachers: $2,000
Withdrawal and refunds
A student who wishes to withdraw from an MLS seminar or an elective course must notify the Associate Director of the program. Refunds will be made according to the following schedule (less a $100 nonrefundable fee):
Seminar Meetings Completed Refund 1 90% 2 80% 3 70% 4 60% 5 50% 6 40% 7 or more 0%
When students withdraw from elective courses, refunds follow the prorated schedule for regular undergraduate courses. All graduate courses are regarded as beginning on the first day of the term, and the amount refunded diminishes by 10% every week.
All financial policies detailed under Undergraduate Tuition and Fees apply to the Graduate Program in Liberal Studies.