- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Operating 24 hours a day, every day of the year, the Department of Public Safety seeks to provide for the safety and protection of persons and property within our community by providing a highly visible, reassuring, and readily accessible presence of professional and well-trained personnel who are committed to promoting positive community relations while maintaining a safe and secure learning environment.
Welcome to the Lake Forest College Department of Public Safety web page. We hope you will find the information contained herein useful.
Developing and maintaining a safe and secure environment is a joint effort that we trust you will join us in. We are quite fortunate to be located in one of the most beautiful suburbs on Chicago’s North Shore and have developed an excellent partnership with the Lake Forest Police and Fire Departments. We ask every member of our community to learn and demonstrate good personal security habits, exercise effective crime prevention techniques, remain vigilant in your personal safety, and immediately report crimes or suspicious activity.
We invite your comments, questions, concerns, and suggestions regarding our department and public safety here at the Lake Forest College.
Richard L. Cohen, CPP, CHS-III/NERT Director, Public Safety
- International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA)
- Illinois Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP)
- Lake County Chiefs of Police Association (LCCPA)
- Emergency Management Coordinating Council of Lake County (EMCC)
- National Safety Council
- American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
Campus Safety Health & Environmental Management Association (CSHEMA)