- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Homecoming Weekend — Parents
Homecoming weekend is a great mid-semester opportunity to spend time back on campus with your student.
Events for Parents and Families
The weekend schedule has a nice mix of fun activities that you can register to do with your student or with other parents at little or no cost. Siblings and other family members are welcome and we encourage you to bring them! Your student does not need to register. Business casual or Forester gear is appropriate attire to pack. If you forget something, the bookstore will be open.
What we recommend
Stop by the Welcome Center in the Mohr Student Center when you arrive to pick up registration materials and get the lay of the land for the weekend.
Soup and Stories with Liz Birnbaum ’08, founder of “The Curated Feast” - Friday noon in the Student Center
Lecture with Stephen Salny ’77, published author and nationally renowned expert “The Houses of David Adler,“ and how it all began working with his art history professor senior year 40 years ago - Friday at 3 p.m. in the Chapel
Toast to History Campus-wide cocktail party celebrating the College’s 160th year, featuring archives display, trivia, and the opportunity to interact with other parents, faculty, staff, and alumni of the College - Friday 5-7 p.m. in Calvin Durand Hall ($25)
Gallery Opening of the John and Katherine Covington exhibition: People in Packets by Joelle Dietrick and Owen Mundy at the Durand Art Institute - Friday 7-9 p.m. (desserts/coffee provided), Saturday and Sunday 1-5 p.m.
Outdoor movie Spiderman - Friday 7:30 p.m. on the Middle Campus Quad, free popcorn and snacks, just bring a blanket. Bonfire and entertainment following, same location.
Lake Forest College Student Band and Orchestra Concert - Friday 7 p.m. at the Gorton Center near campus
Homecoming Parade along Sheridan Road in front of Middle Campus - Saturday 11 a.m.
Fan Fest outdoor festival featuring food, drinks, music, and family area with bounce houses and activities if you have little ones on South Campus - look for the reserved area for Parents and Families - Saturday 11:30 a.m.–3 p.m.
Football Game vs. Knox College at the Stadium–Saturday 2 p.m.
Meet the Parent’s Council
Join your Parent’s Council and fellow Parents and Families at the designated Parent and Family Area at Toast to History on Friday 5-7 p.m. (Durand Art Institute) and Fan Fest on Saturday 11:30 a.m.–3 p.m. (South Campus lot), and have a drink on us!