- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Can’t decide between Chemistry and Biology? Consider majoring in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
To be launched in the fall of 2018 pending a successful faculty search, BMB is an interdisciplinary major that combines two related areas. Biochemistry is the application of chemical understanding to biologically important molecules and molecular biology is the molecular understanding of biological processes. Together, these form the interface of the classical disciplines of chemistry and biology and use the laboratory techniques of each. The BMB major will prepare students for careers in industry or research, or for further study in graduate, health professions or medical school.
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology News
Lake Forest College has received a $496,200 grant from the Sherman Fairchild Foundation for new scientific equipment and instrumentation to equip its expanded science facilities and better serve students’ expanding interest in pursuing science majors.
Omid Saleh Ziabari ’15 was fully immersed in biology research this summer thanks to a $400,000 National Science Foundation grant won by his former advisor.